Archive for December, 2009|Monthly archive page

Tax Tips for Recently Married Taxpayers

In Uncategorized on December 29, 2009 at 4:45 pm

If you have recently gotten married or plan to get married in the near future, Maritta Lynn has helpful tips to help you avoid stress during tax time.

1. Notify IRS if you have a new address.
2. Notify the Social Security Administration of any name change so that your name and SSN will match when you file your next return.
3. Notify the U.S. Postal Service of name and address change.
4. Notify your employer of any name and address change to ensure receipt of W-2 forms.
5. Check your withholding if both you and your spouse work.